Check out these twelve beauty hacks that will, perhaps, change the way your apply makeup, display your fragrances, and much more!
1. The most flattering way to apply concealer is to draw a triangle with the base under your eye and the point toward your cheek.
This shape not only conceals dark circles, but it also instantly creates the illusion that your face is lifted. Think of it as holding a flashlight against your cheek, shining the light right underneath your eye, and drawing the focus upward.
2. Use a concealer that’s slightly lighter than your skin tone to line three tiny sections of your eyes: the inner “V,” the middle section of your eyelid, and just below your brow bone.
Lightly blend for instantly well-rested eyes and a highlight that looks natural. Great for days when you didn’t get enough sleep.
3. Add saline solution to a flaky mascara formula to re-wet it.
You’re only supposed to keep mascara for three months, because beyond that point, it can collect bacteria and lead to eye infections. However, if your mascara dries up within three months, revive it with a couple drops of saline solution.
4. Hit your eyelash curler with a hair dryer to heat it up, so your lashes curl easier.
Blowing hot air on your eyelash curler will help your lashes curl easier and stay curled longer. It works the same way as when your hair holds a curl with a curling iron; heat changes the pattern of your hair. To do it, hit the lash curler with your blow dryer until it heats up, wait until it cools slightly but is still warm (you want to be sure not to burn your eyelid), and then clamp down on your lashes to curl them.
5. Use the handle and the rounded edge of a spoon to create the perfect winged liner.
Hold the handle of a spoon against the outer corner of your eye, and draw a straight line. Then, flip the spoon so it’s hugging your eyelid, and use the rounded outer edge to create a perfectly curved, winged tip. After you’ve made your outline, fill it in, and draw a line across your lashline to finish the look.
6. Dust baby powder over your eyelashes between the first and second coats of mascara to plump up your lashes.
Translucent powder or baby powder has grip, so it will stick to your lashes in between each coat of mascara, making your lashes appear more voluminous.
7. Use cold green tea bags to decrease puffiness under your eyes.
The quickest way to de-puffing and tightening your under-eye skin is to apply a cold, caffeine-based product, like two cold green-tea bags, under your eyes for five or six minutes.
8. Don’t apply black liner all around your eye and in your waterline. This will make your eyes appear much smaller than they are.
Instead, line the top with black liner, the bottom with brown liner, and the waterline with nude liner to really open your eyes.
9. Make a less pigmented eye shadow more vibrant by covering your eyelid with a white eyeliner first.
This will help cancel out the color of your skin, creating an neutral base for the shadow and making the color pop.
10. Use white eyeliner as a brow highlighter for an instant eye lift.
Line below and above your eyebrows with a thick white liner, and smudge it out with a sponge brush to define your brows.
11. Create the illusion of plumper lips by filling in the middle section with a light concealer, blending it out with the warmth from your fingertip, and finishing with a nude lip gloss.
12. Display pretty fragrances on top of a cake stand.