Spanish fashion designer Manolo Blahnik is known around the globe for his designs, fine craftsmanship and artisan work on some of the most beautiful shoes in the world. His designs are works of arts to not only be worn, but studied for their beauty and architecture. Blahnik has also uttered quite a few witty quips over the years and I have compiled a list of the best ones. Enjoy!
1. There is nothing charming about a woman who cannot walk in her shoes
2. The secret of toe cleavage, a very important part of the sexuality of the shoe; you must only show the first two cracks.
3. People walk differently in high heels. Your body sways to a different kind of tempo.
4. I love exaggerated, and I love eccentric, but you must be comfortable. Otherwise it is nonsense. There is nothing charming about a woman who cannot walk in her shoes.
5. You put high heels on and you change.
6. The imprint of Miss Hepburn is absolutely, totally present. Like it or not, she will be the most important look of the twentieth century.
7. It’s the only thing I get inspired by! I get inspired by dreams. Who cares about the rest?
8. About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs.
9. I’m going to do what I do, even more exaggerated. This is my attitude always. I don’t betray myself at all.
10. I never wanted to be the most famous, the most beautiful, the most extravagant.
11. The greatest luxury is being free.
12. Everything is global now. It’s not London, it’s not Spain, it’s not Italy – everything is everywhere. So you have to be everywhere, I guess.
I have had a subscription to the Allure Beauty Box for about six months. Each month, I eagerly anticipate the arrival of my Beauty Box and I’m filled with wonderment about what it’s going to contain! Each item is hand-selected from the editors of Allure Magazine. From eye creams to face washes, exfoliates and all kind of makeup, it’s like Christmas every month. The gift is perfect for the beauty conscious woman on your Christmas list.
$15/month subscription (you may offer to pay for the first 3-6 months and then have the recipient take over the subscription if she enjoys the Beauty Box!)