Essential oils can play a vital role in your skincare routine if you know the benefits of each of them. This article is dedicated to rosehip oil which can do wonders for your skin!
What is Rosehip Oil?
Rosehip oil is extracted from the fruit of the rosebush where there are many species. It grows wild in the South American hills, predominantly in Chile, and was used by the ancient Mayans and Native Americans for its healing properties.
Classified as a dry oil, rosehip is super light, non-greasy, and easily absorbed by the skin. It’s also very affordable, especially compared with other higher end serums and oils.
What Are the Benefits of Rosehip Oil?
- It’s a natural source of essential fatty acids (omega 3, 6 and 9). These help improve skin tone, texture, skin cell regeneration, and skin repair making it very helpful in fighting the aging process.
- Rosehip oil is chalk full of Vitamins A and C, which stimulate collagen production, and, therefore, fight against aging. This brightens the skin which improves the appearance of pigmentation and encourages plumper, younger looking skin.
- It’s also a natural source of Vitamin E which is an anti-inflammatory anti-oxidant that calms and hydrates sensitive skin. This protects your skin from sun damage and eliminates dryness, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Rosehip oil acts as a natural treatment for scars. The combination of essential fatty acids and Vitamin A increase skin flexibility and permeability, aiding in skin repair for stretch marks, age spots, hyper-pigmentation, burns, and scars.
- It’s also wonderful as a hair treatment, adding bounce and shine. It has also been known to assist with dandruff and other scalp conditions.
How Should You Apply Rosehip Oil?
Being an oil, it’s best applied to the skin while it’s still damp from cleansing. It can be applied morning and evening, depending on what you prefer. Personally, I like to use a pure rosehip oil at night after deep cleansing my face and neck. Be sure to follow up with a moisturizer on top of the rosehip oil.
If you have dry hands or brittle nails, don’t wash your hands after you apply it to your face. Continue to massage it into your hands and nails to help hydrate both of them.
My personal favorite brand is Eden’s Semilla which contains 100% Pure Organic Rosehip Oil. Also, Pura D’Or Organic Rosehip Seed Oil is a great choice along with Radha Beauty Rosehip Oil to garner all the benefits that rosehip oil can deliver.